Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Never give up.

This past year has been full of ups and downs and so many changes it's been hard to wrap my head around it, but in the end I'm so happy for where I'm at now.
At the start of 2014 I thought things were going ok.
I was still with the same guy I'd always been with, wandering down the road towards the future we thought we would have. I thought things were getting better with us, but we still fought a lot and that's never really pleasant, but it's normal in relationships, right?
Anyways, we made it to just about our three years and a jealous fight turned into a break up. That was the start to my summer.
That lead to a domino effect of things that seemed to happen from that point on.
I got my first actual dog bite, signed up for a Europe trip on my own, started going out more, went out with new guys, and got a new job...and found new friends!
Who knew from one ending could come so many new beginnings?
From that horrible, horrible ending came something that I needed, respect for myself.
That relationship that I had been in was unhealthy and I learned that I didn't want someone like the person I was settling for. There is so much more out there and someone is going to make me a lot happier than I could ever think.
The hard part is waiting, of course, but I think that it'll be worth it. I know I have time, I have a myriad of time to be me and to find someone who is going to love me for that and respect me and the life I live. As well as someone that I can respect as well.
I think as a growing woman, I'm still constantly learning and I know I still have a lot to work on with myself, but I know that I'm making steps in the right direction and I couldn't be happier with that.
Life is all about what YOU make it. While I didn't choose to be alone at the time, I wish I would have long before that. I needed to be independent and I needed to make some critical decisions and changes within myself and my life and I did that.
I know there will always be obstacles in life, but I'm trying to constantly keep my head up, because what else can you do? Hope will get you through. Faith will get you through. There's so much out there, sometimes it just takes one thing to set everything else into motion.

All in all, I couldn't be more excited for what life and God has in store for my future.
I'm impatient for it.
Just another thing to work on!

No comments: